How to Rotate Apache Log Files in Linux

Sham Arsiwala

Jul 22, 2011, 6:31:28 AM7/22/11
to Linux Group

Question: I would like to automatically rotate the apache access_log and error_log files. Can you explain with an example on how to do this?

Answer: This can be achived using logrotate utility as explained below.

Add the following file to /etc/logrotate.d directory.

Read More.: goo.gl/geBu4

--
Regards
SHAM P. ARSIWALA.

Surjit Thakur

Apr 20, 2019, 12:27:25 AM4/20/19
to vg...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,

I wants to take daily backup of /var/log/secure and email to me to see who has loged to server .
How i can do this ?

regards
Surjit

--
Please read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html before posting.

Best Regards,
Surjit Thakur
( RHCE,MCSA )

Rajesh Sharma

Apr 20, 2019, 4:04:09 PM4/20/19
to vg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You have to create custom script, and put that script in cron job.

Thanks
Rajesh Sharma

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VGLUG" group.