FW: [NFLSE] Teaching Children to Play With Fire

Jenkins, JD (VDFP)

Feb 27, 2017, 10:02:52 AM2/27/17
to VFLS...@googlegroups.com

There have been many replies to this posting on EPARED, NFLSE and CRR net, I will try to pass a few along as I have the opportunity.

JD

Feb 27, 2017, 11:39:26 AM2/27/17
to VFLS...@googlegroups.com

One of the responses to the original article

Feb 27, 2017, 5:08:00 PM2/27/17
to Jenkins, JD (VDFP), VFLS...@googlegroups.com

Great article ! Thanks, JD.

I have been saying and telling people for at more than 15 years, that one day it dawned on me that children’s fascination with fire usually starts on their first birthday !

And you know who is usually responsible ……  (gather the family, and yell Happy Birthday !)

Then, it is reinforced each year, at about the same time; slow, operant conditioning.

And of course, we tell them to “just say no” to fire and matches and lighters—“Tools, not Toys”.

When my two boys were still young and curious, I saw their fascination-- one more than the other. So, I taught them to use matches safely, how to build a campfire, how to stoke and feed a fire responsibly, and how to extinguish a fire completely. I also showed them how quickly a Christmas tree burns (outside) one year !

They are 21 and 23 years old now. So far, so good !

__________________________________

David Chaplin, CFPS

Integrated Fire & Life Safety Solutions, LLC

P O Box 828, Salem, VA  24153

Office/Fax: 540-375-9114 / 800-815-4749

http://www.iflss.net/BuyGuardianFireSystems.php

“Quis custodiet ipsos custodies ?” …… (Who watches the watchmen ?)

This message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this communication is expressly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy any and all copies of the original message. Thank you.

P Please do not print this e-mail unless necessary

Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:28 AM
To: EPARADE; NFLSE

Posted by: Ed Comeau <eco...@writer-tech.com>

Visit Your Group