How to use url rewriter in subdirectory only

Nick K

Oct 30, 2012, 11:14:26 AM10/30/12
to urlrewr...@googlegroups.com
Hi I have an umbraco project with a wordpress blog in it.

The blog is in PHP and I want the the default pages under the blog folder to be index.php

How do I use urlrewriter in order to make all default pages under mydomain.com/blog to go to mydomain.com/blog/index.php?

I have added index.php as a default page on IIS but umbraco overrides that

Nick K

Oct 31, 2012, 9:09:16 AM10/31/12
to urlrewr...@googlegroups.com
I have resolved it.

If anyone ever installs a wordpress blog under umbraco and needs help, feel free to ask me!

Goldie

Oct 31, 2012, 10:17:24 AM10/31/12
to urlrewr...@googlegroups.com
You could also have created a subdomain: blog.mydomain.com

That would keep the application at the top part of the URL

PV

Nov 19, 2012, 7:34:49 AM11/19/12
to UrlRewritingNet
Hi, I'm having problems with this too.
I have a wordpress blog installed in /news directory. This directory
has a web.config file (generated by wordpress) with some rewrite rules
to give friendly urls (see below).
The main site however is in Umbraco using UrlRewritingNet.
In my site navigation I have a link to /news/ which I want to go to /
news/index.php, however it causes a redirect loop.
I guessing the 2 rewriting configurations are conflicting with each
other but I'm not sure how I either:
1) exclude the /news/ folder using the UrlRewritingNet config , or
2) Add the rewriting of the index.php to UrlRewritingNet.
I'm completely new to UrlRewritingNet & Umbraco and would appreciate
any help to resolve this issue.

Many Thanks

(/news/web.config)
<system.webServer>
<rewrite>
<rules>
<rule name="wordpress" patternSyntax="Wildcard">
<match url="*" />
<conditions>
<add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsFile" negate="true" />
<add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsDirectory"
negate="true" />
</conditions>
<action type="Rewrite" url="index.php" />
</rule>
</rules>
</rewrite>
</system.webServer>