can url rewriting running on iis 7.0 and 7.5

Pankaj Pareek

Jun 12, 2012, 3:44:05 AM6/12/12
to UrlRewritingNet
Dear,

I am facing problem while using url re-writing my current hosted
server is iis 7.5. Can you tell me that this is wroking well in iis 7.5

Nguyen Minh Tuan

Jun 12, 2012, 4:17:50 AM6/12/12
to urlrewr...@googlegroups.com
Hi you,

I have ever faced this problem. You try to do this way :)

Good Luck!

--
Sie haben diese Nachricht erhalten, weil Sie der Google Groups-Gruppe UrlRewritingNet beigetreten sind.
Wenn Sie Nachrichten in dieser Gruppe posten möchten, senden Sie eine E-Mail an urlrewr...@googlegroups.com.

--
Sincerely,
Nguyen Minh Tuan

Nguyen Minh Tuan

Jun 12, 2012, 4:19:05 AM6/12/12
to urlrewr...@googlegroups.com
Oh i'm sorry.

Link article: http://lyngtinh.blogspot.com/2010/04/fixed-error-urlrewritingneturlrewrite.html

2012/6/12 Pankaj Pareek <pankajp...@gmail.com>
Dear,

I am facing problem while using url re-writing my current hosted
server is iis 7.5. Can you tell me that this is wroking well in iis 7.5
--
Sie haben diese Nachricht erhalten, weil Sie der Google Groups-Gruppe UrlRewritingNet beigetreten sind.
Wenn Sie Nachrichten in dieser Gruppe posten möchten, senden Sie eine E-Mail an urlrewr...@googlegroups.com.
Wenn Sie aus dieser Gruppe austreten möchten, senden Sie eine E-Mail an urlrewritingn...@googlegroups.com.
Besuchen Sie die Gruppe unter http://groups.google.com/group/urlrewritingnet?hl=de, um weitere Optionen zu erhalten.

Pankaj Pareek

Jun 12, 2012, 4:54:50 AM6/12/12
to urlrewr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this one.
I have tried this but still I am getting problem

HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

if you have another solution then please tell me about this.

On Tuesday, 12 June 2012 13:49:05 UTC +5:30 Tuấn Nguyen Minh wrote:
Oh I'm sorry. article link: http://lyngtinh.blogspot.com/ 2010/04/fixed-error- urlrewritingneturlrewrite.html

12/06/2012 Pankaj Pareek < pankajp...@gmail.com >
Dear, I am facing Problem while using url re-writing my current hosted server is iis 7.5. Can you tell me that this is wroking well in iis 7.5 - You have received this message because you are the Google Groups UrlRewritingNet joined. If you want to post to this group, send an e-mail to urlrewritingnet @ google groups . com . To unsubscribe from this group, send an e-mail to urlrewritingnet + unsubscribe @ googlegroups.com . Visit the group at http://groups.google.com/ group / urlrewritingnet? hl = en to other options to get.

-
Sincerely,
Nguyen Minh Tuan

Nguyen Minh Tuan

Jun 12, 2012, 5:22:23 AM6/12/12
to urlrewr...@googlegroups.com
Okay, You try to do the following article. You should do step by step carefully.

http://improve.dk/archive/2006/12/11/making-url-rewriting-on-iis7-work-like-iis6.aspx

Good Luck :)

--
Sie haben diese Nachricht erhalten, weil Sie der Google Groups-Gruppe UrlRewritingNet beigetreten sind.
Besuchen Sie https://groups.google.com/d/msg/urlrewritingnet/-/Rhj78thOsjgJ, um diese Diskussion im Web anzuzeigen.

Wenn Sie Nachrichten in dieser Gruppe posten möchten, senden Sie eine E-Mail an urlrewr...@googlegroups.com.
Wenn Sie aus dieser Gruppe austreten möchten, senden Sie eine E-Mail an urlrewritingn...@googlegroups.com.
Besuchen Sie die Gruppe unter http://groups.google.com/group/urlrewritingnet?hl=de, um weitere Optionen zu erhalten.

Pankaj Pareek

Jun 12, 2012, 5:31:00 AM6/12/12
to urlrewr...@googlegroups.com
thanks dear,

but I am getting this problem on my hosting server. So these features I can't access?
With Regards,
Pankaj Pareek
pankaj....@gmail.com
+91-9269183551

Nguyen Minh Tuan

Jun 12, 2012, 5:37:59 AM6/12/12
to urlrewr...@googlegroups.com
So, i think you should contact to administrator and can offer their support. I have ever request something similar.

2012/6/12 Pankaj Pareek <pankajp...@gmail.com>

--
Sincerely,
Nguyen Minh Tuan

Pankaj Pareek

Jun 12, 2012, 5:48:19 AM6/12/12
to urlrewr...@googlegroups.com
I ever told them but They can't recognize this, can you tell me that what you have  requested from your administrator so I can also do this.
Please try to help me?

Nguyen Minh Tuan

Jun 12, 2012, 6:02:53 AM6/12/12
to urlrewr...@googlegroups.com
So, what is your custom extension page?

Example: http://yoursite/home.abc

You request your administrator mapping them to IIS on the host and send my link that i sent you. I think they will understand and support you.

Pankaj Pareek

Jun 12, 2012, 6:11:06 AM6/12/12
to urlrewr...@googlegroups.com
thanks dear,

my custom extension is .html

Nguyen Minh Tuan

Jun 12, 2012, 6:15:33 AM6/12/12
to urlrewr...@googlegroups.com
Can you send your web page to me? I'm busy now, I will check it tonight.

Pankaj Pareek

Jun 12, 2012, 6:25:14 AM6/12/12
to urlrewr...@googlegroups.com
ok I am sending you my web-config file please see it and let me guide further.

thanks for all of your support.
web.config

Nguyen Minh Tuan

Jun 12, 2012, 6:32:59 AM6/12/12
to urlrewr...@googlegroups.com
Please send your address website to me. Is your website good running on localhost?

Pankaj Pareek

Jun 12, 2012, 6:38:56 AM6/12/12
to urlrewr...@googlegroups.com
http://apanaghar.co.in/

yes this is running on local host and I have Win-7 on my pc.

Nguyen Minh Tuan

Jun 12, 2012, 11:31:16 AM6/12/12
to urlrewr...@googlegroups.com
I saw your website. Do you mean it's still well working when you rewrite url with ".aspx" but not working with ".html" extension?

So, I have experienced this case before. I'm positive that your web host doesn't map ".html" into iis. Unless you request administrator to map it, it is going to work well.

Tommy Gibson

Jun 12, 2012, 11:49:17 AM6/12/12
to urlrewr...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Just to let you know, IIS 7+ has URL Rewriting built in. There’s no need to use anything else.  This is really a solution for IIS6/ASP.NET 2.0.

It works very much the same way. You can configure it via the IIS console or via the web.config.

Additionally, if you use the URLRewritingNET DLL, the previous response is correct. In order to redirect/rewrite URLs that are not “.aspx”, you’re going to have to force all page requests through the ASP.NET pipeline. You’ll need administrative access or remote desktop to complete the setting.

But IIS7? URL Rewriting should already be installed. If not, you’re request to install it will not seem out of the ordinary…

Once you confirm the installation, just add the rules to your web.config and you are good to go.

http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/460/using-the-url-rewrite-module/

No virus found in this message.

Pankaj Pareek

Jun 13, 2012, 5:06:07 AM6/13/12
to urlrewr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks dear,

This is really the problem, we need to enable permission for .html extension.
its working well with .aspx extension.

thanks a lot for solving my problem.

If you don't mine can I have your personal e-mail id so that I can contact you later if I will get problem.

thanks again...

Pankaj Pareek

Aug 13, 2012, 5:06:46 AM8/13/12
to UrlRewritingNet
hi,

I am facing problem in url rewriting,

the problem is I have defined 2 rule with different names, but their virtual url is same.
the problem is, when redirecting to a page, always first rules is calling.

Goldie

Aug 14, 2012, 9:41:00 AM8/14/12
to urlrewr...@googlegroups.com

What are the rules?  Need to see how you have designed the rule before helping.