RE: [UnschoolingDiscussion] Abridged summary of unschoolingdiscussion@googlegroups.com - 8 Messages in 1 Topic

Donna Murray

Nov 14, 2010, 11:31:35 AM11/14/10
to unschoolin...@googlegroups.com
My youngest son has also learned to read with video games and just loves them he plays them most of the day. He hasn't gained any weight from it so I think that's good. My oldest son plays them as well, he is 15 and because of games he became very interested in history. He knows all about WWII and is now Learning about WWI he never would have been interested enough in school to learn that, it was the games that gave him the motivation. He also has learned all about the different crusades.....

To: unschoolingdis...@googlegroups.com
From: unschoolingdis...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [UnschoolingDiscussion] Abridged summary of unschoolin...@googlegroups.com - 8 Messages in 1 Topic
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 15:38:49 +0000

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/unschoolingdiscussion/topics
 Topic: Video Games
    Consie <Cons...@aol.com> Nov 13 06:38AM -0800 ^

    Hi - My son is 7 1/2 years old. He got Wii for Christmas last year.
    Since then, that is all he wants to do. He plays it all day long.
    Now that Christmas is upon us again, we are getting nervous. more...
    "Robyn L. Coburn" <dezig...@gmail.com> Nov 13 10:55AM -0800 ^

    My suggestion is to get him some new games that he will enjoy or has asked
    for as his Christmas gifts. A year is a long time, and not only do games
    evolve, but his skills will also. more...
    Schuyler Waynforth <s.way...@gmail.com> Nov 13 06:59PM ^

    He may not ever get video games out of his system. Simon and Linnaea really
    enjoy video games and have for a very long time. What may happen, with time
    and engagement by you with the games, is that more...
    Cons...@aol.com Nov 13 02:47PM -0500 ^

    I did forget to mention that I am also concerned because my son is gaining
    weight. He just plays video games, watches tv and is getting fat. This
    can't seem healthy. I was so convinced about more...
    Schuyler Waynforth <s.way...@gmail.com> Nov 13 10:44PM ^

    Weights change over a child's life. It is absolutely possible that the two
    things aren't connected. My son is relatively thin and he isn't a
    particularly active fellow. He's been chubby at other more...
    "polykow" <pol...@kmtel.com> Nov 13 06:48PM -0600 ^

    We love oour Wii. My 8 ear old is a big time gamer.
    He actually learned to read by playing games and he is an
    amazing fast
    reader.
    He has learned so much from playing video games it is more...
    "Robyn L. Coburn" <dez...@ca.rr.com> Nov 13 09:42PM -0800 ^

--
FAQ and Posting Policies: http://sandradodd.com/unschoolingdiscussion
Archive and Membership options: http://groups.google.com/group/UnschoolingDiscussion