Fw: [UnschoolingDiscussion] Son returning to school (2nd person)

Cally

Nov 7, 2010, 6:32:45 AM11/7/10
to unschoolin...@googlegroups.com

Robin Bentley <robin....@comcast.net>

 =And as long as they know they could come home at any time, they still have freedom. Their experience of school will be entirely different from that of kids who have no choice about being there.=

I love that they know they have a choice.  My daughter AND her teacher know this.  It is a win win situation.  She is there because she wants to be.

Marcia Simonds

Nov 7, 2010, 9:59:56 AM11/7/10
to unschoolin...@googlegroups.com
=And as long as they know they could come home at any time, they still have freedom. Their experience of school will be entirely different from that of kids who have no choice about being there.=

>>I love that they know they have a choice.  My daughter AND her teacher know this.  It is a win win situation.  She is there because she wants to be.<<

****EXACTLY!  They have the *power* to choose whether to stay or go. It makes a huge difference. My sons teachers ... and other kids know that as well.

Some of the kids in school *resent* his freedom though. I can understand why they do, but still, they don't have to be mean about it. He just shrugs it off and has little to do with those negative people.

~marcia

omsch...@aol.com

Nov 24, 2010, 9:03:09 PM11/24/10
to unschoolin...@googlegroups.com
I have attempted to unsubscribe from this list numerous times with no luck. i keep getting an email saying there is no such unsub address. Please help me unsub from this list.
thank you.

--
FAQ and Posting Policies: http://sandradodd.com/unschoolingdiscussion
Archive and Membership options: http://groups.google.com/group/UnschoolingDiscussion