[Unlocked Wordhoard] An "Old English Accent"

Dr. Richard Scott Nokes

Aug 9, 2010, 10:53:49 AM8/9/10
to Unlocked-...@googlegroups.com
In this article about people auditioning for the Sarasota Medieval Fair, we're told of one of the castmates:
"I'm going to do everything correctly with your daughter, at least twice," he declared in a broken, old English accent.

Uh, I'm guessing they just mean "fake English accent" -- what would be an "old English" accent? And how could that accent be "broken?"

There's a photo gallery of the auditions here, and if you want to see a REAL Old English accent, there's one below.

--
Posted By Dr. Richard Scott Nokes to Unlocked Wordhoard at 8/09/2010 09:47:00 AM