[Unlocked Wordhoard] Chaucer-Themed Cruise

Dr. Richard Scott Nokes

Aug 23, 2010, 3:09:29 PM8/23/10
to Unlocked-...@googlegroups.com
In the film Tenure (the 2009 comedy, not the 2007 film of the same title), the department chair is telling her colleagues of the "Chaucer-themed Caribbean cruise" she went on.

Just as I was thinking, "Aw, cool!" they had to go and spoil it. As the scene fades out, she's heard to say, "And of course the captain spoke absolutely flawless Old English..."

*sigh*

Add to that disappointment that I immediately went online to see if there were such a thing as a Chaucer-themed Caribbean cruise, but I found none. Now, an Old English-themed cruise would be pretty exciting, what with the potential for Viking issues.

--
Posted By Dr. Richard Scott Nokes to Unlocked Wordhoard at 8/23/2010 02:04:00 PM