Government Ownership of Banks

1 view

Joe Leote

Jul 26, 2022, 5:09:34 PM7/26/22
to Money Group
This is a 37 page paper discussing government ownership of banks in various countries:

I have not read past the first few pages. There is a line from the old television series, "Chuck", where the villain, Alexi Volkoff, says, "Money, greed, and power are a dance with Satan and he looks like me." Governments and banks are social institutions with money, power, and the power to create money. Draw your own conclusions regarding which is better government banks or private banks. Liberal reform is supposed to keep banks honest via enforcement of the rule of law under regulations and the independent judiciary. But governments get captured and the judiciary can become corrupt.

Joe

t...@tompainetoo.com

Aug 1, 2022, 4:02:55 AM8/1/22
to understan...@googlegroups.com

It bears mentioning that the paper was written in 2002, and refers back two or three decades.

Then again, the fractal  and elusive (if not illusional) and cascading evolution of convolute dichotomies/isomorphisms/exchanges between public and private financing, their methods of payment through debt/credit, bonds/currency, etc… would at most (if not all) periods seem to contain lessons for the ages—e.g. , "Money, greed, and power are a dance with Satan and he looks like me."