Issue 276 in ulipad: Unknown accel modifier

uli...@googlecode.com

Jun 24, 2011, 10:05:14 PM6/24/11
to uli...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----

New issue 276 by Vlad.San...@gmail.com: Unknown accel modifier
http://code.google.com/p/ulipad/issues/detail?id=276

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Unzip Ulipad
2. python UliPad.py on ulipad
3.

Ulipad IDE

4.0 : Mac OSX 10.5.8

System shows the Ulipad splash screen
but it fails with the following:

[Debug] 22:01:01: Unknown accel modifier: 'q ctrl'

uli...@googlecode.com

Jun 24, 2011, 10:50:43 PM6/24/11
to uli...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 276 by limo...@gmail.com: Unknown accel modifier
http://code.google.com/p/ulipad/issues/detail?id=276

Maybe some accelerator keys are not compatible with Mac OS, but the Ulipad
can't start at Mac OS?

Morya Feng

Jun 24, 2011, 11:54:13 PM6/24/11
to uli...@googlegroups.com
The ctrl+Q is used for quit ulipad as an accelerator, but I think it's a bad idea to use Ctrl+Q under Mac,
they could just use Command+Q just like any other programs.

This is my modification for ./mixins/MainFrame.py .
It just disabled Ctrl+Q under mac.

By the way, how do you bind an Comand+"XXX" accel under mac?

Morya
MainFrame_path.diff

uli...@googlecode.com

Jun 26, 2011, 3:12:17 PM6/26/11
to uli...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 276 by Vlad.San...@gmail.com: Unknown accel modifier
http://code.google.com/p/ulipad/issues/detail?id=276

Nope, and it have worked in the past.

uli...@googlecode.com

Jun 27, 2011, 1:32:25 AM6/27/11
to uli...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 276 by limo...@gmail.com: Unknown accel modifier
http://code.google.com/p/ulipad/issues/detail?id=276

What's the differents from two version or installation?

uli...@googlecode.com

Jun 27, 2011, 10:33:06 AM6/27/11
to uli...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 276 by Vlad.San...@gmail.com: Unknown accel modifier
http://code.google.com/p/ulipad/issues/detail?id=276

It's perhaps the MacOSX updates. My version is 10.5.8. Im sorry that it's
no longer working since it's my preferred Python IDE.

limodou

Jun 27, 2011, 9:20:55 PM6/27/11
to uli...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Morya Feng <mo...@morya.cn> wrote:
The ctrl+Q is used for quit ulipad as an accelerator, but I think it's a bad idea to use Ctrl+Q under Mac,
they could just use Command+Q just like any other programs.

This is my modification for ./mixins/MainFrame.py .
It just disabled Ctrl+Q under mac.

By the way, how do you bind an Comand+"XXX" accel under mac?

Morya

This patch is not very well, so the main process is in modules/Accelerator.py, and the create_key will convert the string format e.g. Ctrl+Q to the object which wx.AcceleratorTable need. But in Ulipad, I just  defined Ctrl and because I haven't used MAC, so I want to know if the Ctrl are support in MAC, and if it shoud be converted to Command? If it's true, the convert will be easily.
--
I like python!
UliPad <<The Python Editor>>: http://code.google.com/p/ulipad/

uli...@googlecode.com

Jun 2, 2012, 10:38:11 AM6/2/12
to uli...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 276 by Vlad.San...@gmail.com: Unknown accel modifier
http://code.google.com/p/ulipad/issues/detail?id=276

What is the status on this issue?

uli...@googlecode.com

Jun 2, 2012, 10:44:52 AM6/2/12
to uli...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 276 by limo...@gmail.com: Unknown accel modifier
http://code.google.com/p/ulipad/issues/detail?id=276

Sorry I have no mac environ at all, so I can't test it and find the
problem. Maybe you can try to fix it yourself.