Hiring! User Experience Researcher Role at Opencare in Toronto

pene...@opencare.com

Jul 26, 2016, 1:51:42 PM7/26/16
to UXIrregulars

Opencare is on a mission to transform healthcare. We are building a data-driven doctor recommendation engine. In other words, we use millions of data points to connect you and your loved ones with healthcare providers who will get you healthy, faster.

We are:

  • The fastest growing healthcare discovery platform in North America, with over 150,000 healthcare providers.

  • Founded by serial entrepreneurs who have built and sold multiple companies.

  • A team of A-players that puts culture first.https://www.opencare.com/culture/

  • Funded by top-tier US venture firms and angels (Formation 8, ff VC, Real Ventures, Collaborative Fund, and more).

As a User Researcher at Opencare, you will work within the product team to build a life changing product that fits our users' needs perfectly. You will inform and develop new product features and design decisions, and influence the strategic direction of the product experience as a whole. You will be the champion of our users and the key team member that allows us to further establish a deep product-market fit; by helping us learn about our users through a variety of different methods and channels, you will be the bridge between product creators and users. You'll have the freedom to try new things, get creative, and leverage your highly effective, data-driven approach to user research.

More about the role:

  • You will work side-by-side with our product manager and designer to develop new features that users will love;

  • You will engage with users through a variety of channels to understand their unique needs;

  • You will leverage your creativity to invent clever new channels for user feedback;

  • You will leverage your understanding of behavioural psychology to connect with our users' emotions;

  • You will analyze the data you collect to develop insightful patterns into user behaviours and develop customer personas;

  • You will own KPI’s around user engagement and product conversions;

  • You will work closely with the product and growth teams to define the roadmap needed to hit our aggressive targets; and

  • You will be part of a small, tight-knit team at a well-funded, early-stage startup.

About you:

  • You have 2+ years of professional experience as a user researcher, UX designer or product manager;

  • You stay up-to-date with industry trends and are active within your professional community, leveraging these learnings to try new methods for learning about users and validate product decisions;

  • You have a strong aptitude for learning and are passionate about personal growth - you have a track record of hitting any goal that you set your mind to;

  • You are organized to the point that some people think you're a little nuts;

  • You are experienced with tools that allow you to mine data for insights and stories;

  • You are curious about people and passionate about learning about their motivations, expectations, attitudes and perceptions through a variety of different approaches;

  • You have strong interpersonal skills and are an expert at conducting highly effective user interviews;

  • You have exemplary written and verbal communication skills;

  • You are extremely detail oriented and set a very high quality bar for your work (mention the grammatical error in this posting in your application); and

  • You have worked on a small-to-medium size team.

Bonus points for:

  • Tech startup experience

  • A university degree in Psychology or similar

  • Experience with user research tools (Intercom.io, Inspectlet, MixPanel, Crazy Egg, Optimal Workshop tools, VerifyApp, InVision, Usability Hub, UsabilityTesting.com, GoTo Meeting)

  • Experience working in healthcare or wellness related industry

At Opencare, you'll have:

  • Limitless personal growth - we pay for conferences and training, set you up with mentors in the Silicon Valley, organize and host tech and digital health events, and more.

  • Equity options - everyone who works at Opencare owns a part of Opencare.

  • Competitive compensation - we don’t want you to worry about your bills, we’d rather you focus on changing the world.

  • Full health benefits - dental, vision, prescription drugs, massage. We'll hook you up with the best health providers.

  • Shiny new equipment - get the tools you need to be at the top of your performance.

  • Unlimited vacations & sick days - we work really hard, but we also make sure we have time to recharge.

  • Healthy snacks and relaxing drinks - snack bar and fridge full of healthy snacks to keep you charged throughout the day, as well as some adult beverages to unwind at the end

  • Fun team environment - we share a passion for our work and also know how to have fun (office scooters, ping pong table, foosball, Jays & TFC games, team offsites, etc.)

  • Great downtown location - we have a spacious, open-concept office right at Richmond and York.

We’re looking for extraordinary individuals with a passion to make a difference, and the determination to make it happen.

http://careers.opencare.com/p/f6bf03ee8a9e-user-experience-researcher