UPTOWN Sock Hop!

Alice King

Nov 9, 2014, 2:56:16 PM11/9/14
to Alice King

November Service Project: UPTOWN Sock Hop!
November 21 (Fri), 6-8 pm, Bard Hall on the Hillcrest Campus

This is a fun multi-generational Service Project to support UPTOWN Faith Community Services. We’ll eat pizza, dance in our socks to 50’s music, decorate bags, pack food bags for UPTOWN clients, and collect socks to stock up for cold winter weather! You are asked to bring new socks and underwear to donate to the UPTOWN Center. There will be an opportunity to meet UU’s who volunteer at UPTOWN Faith Community Services, and ask them about helping homeless and struggling San Diegans at the day center at 4101 30th Street in North Park. People of all ages are invited. If you want to, dress in 50’s Costumes to increase the fun! Reservations are requested so we can plan on enough Pizza. Please RSVP to Melissa James:
mel...@firstuusandiego.org, 619-398-4438. For more information, contact Irene Grumman: 6g5r...@gmail.com.