important news--please read

Alice King

Apr 2, 2015, 2:01:29 PM4/2/15
to uuy...@googlegroups.com, uus...@googlegroups.com, inclusiv...@googlegroups.com, ucs...@googlegroups.com

Hello Dear Ones,

I wanted you to hear this from me as news spreads quickly. It wasn't official until a few minutes ago. David, my husband and the minister at the UU congregation in Solana Beach, has been called as a candidate for Parish Minister at the UU Congregation of Fairfax, VA. We will be going for Candidate Week later this month and the congregational vote to call him as their minister will be on April 26. Assuming a positive outcome, my last Sunday will be June 21. I will go to GA and then come home to finish up work and we will move the first part of July.

I've spoken already with Rev. Kathleen and Rev. Jennifer and am assured that Young Adult Ministry will continue at First UU. You are in good hands and some of those hands are your own! You are wonderful and offer so much to this beloved community. In the weeks to come, you will hear about the process in moving forward with this ministry. It is a good time for new energy and taking this ministry to a new level. I look forward to watching that unfold from afar. I will have joy in my heart, rest assured.

So it is with deep gratitude and mixed emotions that I leave you to embark on a different path. My favorite minister took up blues harmonica in his later years and would sing, "may all your bye-byes be good byes." So let's make the last couple of months together count!

Deep Love to you.

Alice