FW: Ministry Team Council on Saturday - Please Forward

Alice King

Nov 13, 2014, 3:01:28 PM11/13/14
to uuy...@googlegroups.com, inclusiv...@googlegroups.com

From: Jennifer Channin
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:09 PM
To: Kristen Kuriga; Alice King; Kathe Larick; Adam Dyer; Melissa James; Suzette Southfox; Abby Koch; Robie Evans; Dan Ratelle; Chris Christenson; John Schaibly; Kathleen Owens
Subject: Ministry Team Council on Saturday - Please Forward

Dear Staff and Ministry Team Lay Leaders,

This is a reminder that on Saturday November 15th, from 10:30 to noon we will be holding our 2nd Ministry Team Council meeting (the full schedule for the year is below). The Ministry Team Council is a chance for all lay leaders (and aspiring leaders) to participate in leadership development and fun activities to connect with each other across the ministries of our congregation.  This meeting’s focus will be on our congregation’s 2nd Strategic Goal: to develop collaborative partnerships with marginalized communities that transform the San Diego region to be more just, equitable and compassionate. Come and explore how your own ministry team’s work furthers this goal.

We are excited about our ministry team leaders working together this year in creative ways. Ministry Team Council Meetings are not only for the Ministry Team leaders, but also for anyone within a ministry team who wants to engage in a deeper discussion of how their work fits into the life of the congregation.  Therefore, please spread the news of these meetings to those you think would benefit from our work together.

In faith,

Kathleen and Jennifer

1st meeting – Thursday, September 18th from 6:00-8:00 – the focus is “What does it mean to be an intergenerational community in light of bold worship and programs that meet a diversity of needs?” (Goal 1). We will also discuss the changes in how ministry teams will report to the Board this year. Potluck meal.

2nd meeting – Saturday, November 15th from 10:30-noon – the focus will examine our relationship with community partners and how we can strengthen them to create a more just San Diego County (Goal 2).There will not be a meal during this meeting.

3rd meeting – Thursday, January 15th from 6:00-8:00 – the focus is how we can better recognize and remove physical, cultural and attitudinal barriers to full participation in our congregation (Goal 3). Potluck meal.

4th meeting – Sunday, March 15th from 1:15-3:15 – the focus will explore specific opportunities for leadership development across the generations (Goal 4). Bring your own lunch.

5th meeting – Thursday, May 14th from 6:00-8:00 – the focus will be a time of celebration, appreciation and reflection on our work together through the year. Potluck meal.

 ​