Sangamon River Cleanup. Saturday Sept 11. Sign up TODAY!

1 view

Scott Hays

Sep 5, 2021, 4:27:25 PM9/5/21
to fri...@sangamonriver.org

2021 Annual Sangamon River CleanUp!

Saturday September 11

9am Meetup at Riverbend Forest Preserve, Mahomet

Cleanup Route: Sangamon Greenway/SR 47 bridge to south end of Riverbend Forest Preserve

Sign on and/or reserve your watercraft HERE

USRC has a limited supply of FREE watercraft available

AND

USRC provides all shuttling transport and FREE LUNCH to all who volunteer

DETAILS:

All watercraft are first come, first served! Canoes should be registered by two people; kayaks registered for one. Sorry, no tandem kayaks available.

Anyone can join in with their own watercraft but please register through the site so we may include you in our plans.

Sangamon River paddlers should have a basic level of experience with paddling skills. The river should be low, and participants can count on being in and out of the low water of the river. Wear water shoes and bring gloves. Also, wear a hat and bring bug spray and sun block, bring personal water and portable snacks (lunch will not be until the cleanup effort is complete, so be prepared). Grabbers, trash bags and other simple cleanup tools will be provided by the USRC.

Contact Scott Hays at secr...@sangamonriver.org for details.