USRC Invasive Removal Workdays

Joe Niernberger

Sep 7, 2022, 10:43:20 PMSep 7
to usrc-f...@googlegroups.com, uie-masternat...@aces.illinois.edu

Hi Volunteers,

USRC will resume our weekly workdays to remove bush honeysuckle at Mahomet Greenway Park on Thursday, September 15 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.  We’ll meet at the parking lot at 1404 S. Division Street (IL-47 north of the Sangamon River bridge) and walk to the work site.  Wear sturdy shoes, long pants, long sleeved shirt, and gloves.  USRC will provide the tools.  Thursday workdays will continue through the end of the year as weather allows.  We will also have one weekend workday each month, the first one on Sunday, September 25 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. when we hope to burn some of the many brush piles from past workdays.  We cleared a lot of honeysuckle the first part of this year with the help of dedicated volunteers.  We hope you can join us this fall!  Please contact me if you have any questions.

Joe Niernberger

joenier...@outlook.com