USRC Volunteer Event Schedule Changes

Joe Niernberger

Feb 28, 2022, 4:06:05 PMFeb 28
to usrc-f...@googlegroups.com, uie-masternat...@aces.illinois.edu

Hello Volunteers,

The Upper Sangamon River Conservancy will not resume its weekly invasive removal project at Mahomet Greenway Park on Thursday, March 3.  I checked out the work area today and found that there is much more snow, ice and mud than I expected, both in the work area and the path to it.  Hopefully it will dry out over the next few weeks so we can burn brush piles on March 27—we have at least 12 piles ready to burn.  I’ll keep you posted.

In order to take advantage of the nice weather this week, I’m scheduling an Adopt-a-Highway cleanup for Wednesday, March 2 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.  I noticed today that the I-74 entrance ramp at Mahomet is very trashy, and that area drains directly into the Sangamon River.  We will meet at the Hen House Restaurant parking lot.  Hope you can join us!

Thanks, Joe