Sangamon River Clean Up, Saturday Sept 10, 9am

Scott Hays

Sep 1, 2022, 10:24:50 PMSep 1
to usrc-f...@googlegroups.com

Join us for the Annual Sangamon River Cleanup on Saturday, September 10.

ALL PARTICIPANTS (whether bringing your own watercraft or requesting use of one of ours) MUST register on our website at www.sangamonriver.org. Just click on the event and the registration page is at the bottom. 2 per canoe; 1 per kayak. Supplies of watercraft are limited, so register early!

The designated cleanup route will begin at the Historic Hazen Bridge at 405 CR2600N (now part of Heron View Forest Preserve) and end at the paddlecraft launch site at Lake of the Woods, just north of the Izaak Walton Cabin.

Participants may bring their own watercraft or may use one of our canoes or kayaks for FREE. As usual, there is never any charge to participants for USRC events. Lunch will be provided as we leave the river.

Cleanup participants will meetup at the Izaak Walton Cabin at Lake of the Woods Forest Preserve, Mahomet starting at 8:30 am.

USRC volunteers will shuttle participants to the put-in point at the Hazen Bridge. Pre-registered canoes and kayaks will be available at the put-in on-site.

Those bringing their own watercraft may drop it at the Hazen Bridge pre-event, or may arrive at the Izaak Walton cabin and we can transport personal watercraft to the Hazen Bridge via transport trailer. Put your preference in the registration notes.

NO VEHICLE PARKING IS AVAILABLE AT THE HAZEN BRIDGE!! Drop-off parking only.

Volunteers should have clothes and shoes suitable for getting muddy and soaked. A change of clothes is recommended for a comfortable ride home. It is recommended that you have a personal water bottle, and a hat for protection from sun and insects.

Lunch will be served at the event after the cleanup. If you have special dietary needs, please bring a lunch with you. Participants may also wish to bring snack foods for the trip. Lunchtime is sometimes later than many expect.

Please remember: Anyone interested in being a part of our September cleanup MUST register at www.sangamonriver.org.

For more information about this event, contact Scott Hays at riverr...@sangamonriver.org.