USRC Adopt-a-Highway Cleanup - First One in 2022!

1 view

Joe Niernberger

Mar 2, 2022, 4:32:54 PMMar 2
to usrc-f...@googlegroups.com, Doug Jackson, command...@yahoo.com

Many thanks to Amanda Fox and Doug Jackson for volunteering at the Adopt-a-Highway cleanup this morning—their first time at a USRC highway cleanup.  We collected 6 bags of trash and misc. other items on the I-74 exit 172 east-bound entrance ramp.  We hit the jackpot (of sorts), finding 10 bottles of urine (thank you, truckers) in one spot!  Yesterday and this afternoon I worked on the west-bound exit ramp and collected 9 bags (and many more pee bottles).  There is still a lot of trash to pick up, but we put a big dent in it.

Our next scheduled cleanup is on Sunday, March 20 when we will clean IL-47 from I-74 to CR-2425N.

IMG_8188.JPG
IMG_8196.JPG
IMG_8187.JPG