USRC Adopt-a-Highway - March 20

1 view

Joe Niernberger

Mar 20, 2022, 3:35:39 PMMar 20
to usrc-f...@googlegroups.com, david....@illinois.gov

Thanks to Bart Duesdieker and Mary Stech for helping with today’s highway cleanup of IL-47 north of Mahomet.  We collected 7 large bags of trash and misc. other items.  Since March 1, the I-74 interchange and our designated stretch of IL-47 have been cleaned, with a total of 44 bags of trash collected.  Hopefully there will be much less for our next cleanup in May.

IMG_8253.JPG

Mary Stech

Mar 21, 2022, 9:30:27 AMMar 21
to Joe Niernberger, david....@illinois.gov, usrc-f...@googlegroups.com
Wow! That is so sad.

Mahomet daily needs to do an article on the amount of trash littered on that stretch of Highway!

--
Visit us on the web: http://sangamonriver.org/

elizabeth kirby

Mar 21, 2022, 10:06:57 AMMar 21
to Mary Stech, Joe Niernberger, david....@illinois.gov, usrc-f...@googlegroups.com
That is sad! Perhaps Bruce would consider doing an article about our
highway cleanups and the ecological significance of keeping trash out
of our waterways. Perhaps we would even get a few recruits for Joe!

Elizabeth