USI RC19: Updates!

1 view

USI Robotics

Mar 28, 2019, 1:14:00 PM3/28/19
to USI Robotics
As this year's competition nears, we have a few important announcements.

Consolidated Schedule (No Lunch Break)
Now that the final registration tallies are in, we've revised our schedule to consolidate the event into a shorter timeframe. By eliminating the lunch hour, we are able to wrap up by 1:00pm. The new schedule is in the Handbook (Revision C).

No Food in Griffin Center
We want to re-emphasize that there is no food allowed in the Griffin Center. We understand that the competition runs until the early afternoon with no break to go and get lunch. If you are concerned about sustenance during this year's competition, it may be wise to bring a packed lunch and tailgate in the Griffin Center parking lot.

Practice Times Available
We still have several practice slots on Saturday, March 30th available. If you have not reserved a practice slot yet, now is the time! Email us at usiro...@gmail.com to reserve a spot for your team.

Team IDs and Competition/Presentation Schedule
Each team has been assigned a team ID. This team ID will be used throughout the competition to help our referees and judges tabulate scores. See the attached PDFs to determine your team's ID and the order in which you will compete and present.

Presentations
I don't feel as though we fully addressed presentations in the handbook. Just to clarify, each team with present to a panel of judges for 4 minutes. Visual aids are optional, but not required. Afterward, the judges will ask a few questions - sort of like an interview - to help them score the teams with regards to the topics we find most pertinent.

With that being said, feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Teah Allen

Attached:
  1. Team ID Lists
  2. Competition and Presentation Schedule
Team IDs (by ID).pdf
Team IDs (by School and Team Name).pdf
Schedule Handout.pdf