thanks & practice fields question

Matt Schmitt

Mar 9, 2018, 5:01:54 PM3/9/18
to USIRo...@googlegroups.com, usiro...@googlegroups.com
Ken,

Thanks for creating the Google Group. I'm looking forward to seeing links for tips and tricks, among other things.

Someone sent an email the other day indicating a practice field would be made available at the workshop on Saturday. I can't make the workshop (and am still deciding about fielding a team this year for sure). Is it possible to get a practice field if I don't attend the workshop? If this is something that can be easily printed on my own from a file, that's great also.
Thanks,

Matt Schmitt
Math Teacher
Holy Redeemer Catholic School

Ken Schnautz

Mar 9, 2018, 5:21:45 PM3/9/18
to USIRo...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to get a practice field if I don't attend the workshop? If this is something that can be easily printed on my own from a file, that's great also.

That's a great question!
USI ASME has shifted over to using printed courses. They use their large format printer and print 41" x 96" sheets. These will be handed out during the workshop on Saturday (March 10), but I'm sure we can get you the file to print your own if you wish.

Matt Parker,
Can you upload the base drawing to the USI RC18 webpage and post a link here to it?

EDITED 2018-03-11: corrected dimensions.

USI ASME

Mar 9, 2018, 7:57:21 PM3/9/18
to USIRo...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, Matt Parker here,

A PDF of the course has just been posted to the website at the bottom of the competition page. A note regarding this file: It is a view from above the course that is dimensionally correct in the XY plane ONLY. Also this PDF has all the elements outlined with a border in black. The courses that we will be giving out to teams will be slightly different, mainly no borders, and the colours will be slightly different (sRGB values). The file is also attached to this post. I will update all the files with the updated versions tomorrow morning.

UPDATE - 2018 March 11:
The attached files were updated on Feb 11 to remove black outlines and correct distortion. Please also note:
  1. The attached files are scaled 1:1 to print on a sheet of paper that is 41" x 96" (W x H).
  2. The printable course shows hatching where the hill and wall should be mounted.
Drawings detailing the course are currently being worked on and will be released soon.
RC18_Course_Printable.pdf
RC18_Course_Printable.DWG