Fwd: CS Colloquium: Yuanzhi Li (CMU)

Haipeng Luo

Oct 31, 2020, 1:10:58 PM10/31/20
to usc-t...@googlegroups.com
See talk information below.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Haipeng Luo <haipe...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 9:46 PM
Subject: CS Colloquium: Yuanzhi Li (CMU)
To: <usc-theo...@googlegroups.com>, <usc-t...@googlegroups.com>

Hi all,

Yuanzhi Li from CMU is giving a talk on the coming Tue (it's probably a bad day to schedule a talk, but unfortunately that happens to be the only date that works...).

Yuanzhi is in my mind one of the brightest young theorists working on ML. His research spans various topics including deep learning theory, optimization, bandits, convex body chasing, and others, and he will be talking about his recent progress on multi-player multi-armed bandits. (In fact, he reached out to me to see if he could give a talk on this, so I assume he must be very excited about this work.)

So please attend the talk if you are available!

Thanks,
Haipeng