Nigerian Economy:Beyond Blaming Buhari

Augustine Togonu-Bickersteth

Dec 6, 2022, 10:12:58 PM12/6/22
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Nigerian economy;Beyond blaming buhari by Augustine Togonu-Bickersteth,London,England

In a damning commentary today in the guardian,  of nigeri,President Buhari is held responsible for the state of economy on state of employment the prognosis of which is not really positive. this follows the exchange of blame between the federal government and state governors.
perhaps the blame game is not the way froward/ let us be scientific let us be evidence based and find out what exactly is happening
Chief Olisa Agbakoba has just told us the presidential aspirants are promising so many things but they are not telling us or telling us convincingly HOW they are going to do things. How they are going to work miracles
   One thing that puzzles me is that the economic adviser to the president is never or hardly mentioned in the newspapers contrary to what used to be obtained.is this is own style or has he been side-lined?. i just know he is a certain DR,Doyin Salami. otherwise, i know nothing about him. What about you?
now still on economics i was curious to know from a seminar last year organised at the university college London that modern economists are not interested in production but that originally classical economics concerned itself with production so there is the talk about bringing production back into economics. this seems to be echoing Obafemi Awolowo of 40 plus years ago, he then affirmed that the problem with Nigeria is agricultural production and not sophisticated language as you get from the banking and financial experts. Awolowo also stated specifically n september 9 1980 at apapa, 33 park lane, to convince you i am not inventing Awolowo's thought's that one of the badges of poverty is the inability of men to make and maintain machines. again last week the DG of the national ofiice of technology acquisition and promotion, was only echoing Awolowo when he stated that 99 per cent of  Machenry used in manufacturing are imported. When you import machines, there is tendency for you to also import the raw materials to feed the machines, and the Spare parts and sometimes the personnel to operate and maintain the machines and then to decommission and recycle and so what you ae doing is not strictly manufacturing. you can call it manuimpotring or a dignified form of trading. but Nigeria cannot remain or should not remain a trading country or Weare finish. we either produce or we die. we either export or e die. this is the sense in the intervention of central bank in production and export promotion,