Letter to Nigerian Elderly though leaders

1 view

Augustine Togonu-Bickersteth

Nov 29, 2022, 7:03:47 AM11/29/22
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

Dear General  Yakubu gowon,General Olusegun Obasanjo,chairman, board of trustees Murtala muhammed foundation,other members of the board , including , general Badamosi babangida, General addussalmi  Abubakar and Lt. general theophilus Danjuma. I salute you.

 I   also want to salute my Governor  Brigadier David Jemibewon,…A president nigeria never had,Brigadier  general Ike nwachukwu and the memory of Lt general Salihu Ibrahim, keeper of esprit de corps and chief of Army staff

I want to salute  Anthony kila, Professor of strategy and balogun of ibadan, Dr.Yemi Ogumbyi entrepreneur and balogun of iperu remo and lastly DR victor omololu olunloyo the balogun of yoruba empire

Not forgetting my mothers, professor adetoun ogunshetye, professor Oyin Olurun,Professor Bolanle  awe and  professor  Bimpe Aboyade and chief folake solanke SAn along with the  Iyalofde of yoruba land, Mrs Alaba Lawsoni salute you

I salute you all

I salute my four vice chancellors professors cyril onwumechili professor Wande Abinbola, professor ayo banjo and professor olukayode oyediran

     We are a peculiar people we have been adjudged the most litigious in the world and this is not supposed to be a rumour coming as a matter of fact from the chief justice of the federation.My lord Olukayode Ariwoola.  For a lot of things me might need a susustained programme on behaviour modification. Maybe the world of   literature, performance ,film and entertainment can help to galvanise Nigerians in the desired direction.    I know reading the autobiography of Professor Olukayode Oyediran, HE LEADETH ME, ,you come across the idea od Egbe atunbi Yoruba, the rebirth and reawakening of the Yoruba preceding this ideas was a catalog of woes as to what has become of the yoruba and nigeria in general.so there is no escaping it.

 Maximum  focus should be on the   18  presidential candidates,President  Muhamadu Buhari has just a few months left in office.. rather than lambast him, pummel him,cudgel him , cartoon him or lampoon him  , we should help him.he needs our help and support more importantly because he is open to ideas.sometimes he comes out a foundation  Engineer anything built on straw would not stand. Other times he comes out like a long distance runner and so you would think he had been building speed gradually rather than hitting the ground running as many would have expected. He is also reminding pf  south korean president, park chung hee who stumbled onto hyper economic growth.

Buhari should be remember for handig ovr the national theater to the bankes committee, several  since transformed into a formidable creativeinsdutries hubunprecedented interventions for MSMEs 41 million f them,straruo  billlwhich potentially can propel nigeria intoa multi tilion dollar economy, sports business policy bill, automobile policy bill, we shold know that prior to covid 18 one sith of americans worked inhe automobile industry,integrated farms in 109 senatorial distrucrs,still in the pipeline,re positioning of the capital market, re designing of the naira  non oil, export promotion to the tune,  of 200  billion dolars

         Let's look at foundation engineering according to the vice president yemi osinbajo its like buhari has  spent so much time and not wasted time in digging  deep a foundation because of the enormity of the structure he is out to put up,.if you want to put up a bungalow then you only have to dig not too deep a foundation but if you have opted to put up a skyscraper then you have to dig deep, for for 7 years buhari has been digging a foundation with no structure coming up  now it appears the structures are beginning to emerge,,

      quickly build a house and have no house. Quickly marry a wife and have no wife

Now nation building is collective responsibility  Buhari Cannot do it alone so we need a critical mass of people wracking their brains, reflecting, thinking and more importantly reading along with the president. It's a game of numbers, buhari perhaps does not understand economics or politics but  he is clearly open to ideas without ideas there may be no development. Development is not economics and economics is not development but development and economics are in a symbiotic relationship