Mailafia and his people

segun...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2021, 3:38:11 PM9/20/21
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
VIDEO-2021-09-20-13-57-28.mp4

Cornelius Hamelberg

Sep 22, 2021, 2:38:03 PM9/22/21
to USA Africa Dialogue Series

"Fight to the death for the truth and the Lord God will fight for you." ( Sirach 4:28

The last 20 minutes of Spirit of the Servant

is of relevance to some of the miscreants

In case they don't know it, God dae...

Felicia Oyekanmi

Sep 22, 2021, 5:56:56 PM9/22/21
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Is it little wonder that Obadiah Mailafia died  just like chicken. Those ruling Nigeria are ready to sacrifice anybody that stands in their path.

Prof Felicia A. D. Oyekanmi Department of Sociology University of Lagos Akoka, Yaba, Lagos Nigeria Tel: {234} 1 7941757 Cell: {234}8056560970

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/usaafricadialogue/90257299-3608-430b-acf5-765335f186ccn%40googlegroups.com

Cornelius Hamelberg

Sep 22, 2021, 5:57:54 PM9/22/21
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

Correction :

The right link to Spirit Of A Servant and the last twenty or so minutes therein which is of relevance to some of the miscreants.

Like I said, in case they don't know it, God dae.

Imagine, if it was the late statesmanlike Dr Obadiah Mailafia that was going to address the UN General Assembly as president of the Nigeria that he had a dream about - what he would be saying!

BTW, I'll be listening very closely to Muhammadu Buhari's address to the UN General Assemblon the 24th of this month. I know that when talking about common areas of interest he's going to say, “We in Nigeria are also fighting our terrorists: it is a universal struggle.” I also know - and it is true, that, of course, there are areas that Brer Buhari is going to shy away from even mentioning. The speakers' podium at the UN is not the best place for him to request that without any further delay, some of the looters' loot that's being lodged in the US and in other Western Banks should be repatriated – back to Nigeria where the loot more lawfully - rightly belongs ( for the benefit of the looted masses

Just in case Ade-P-J is wondering if his president is going to say one bad word about Fulani Herdsmen, he had better think again.

Meanwhile here are some excerpts from President Biden's UN Address

About the pandemic: Each death is an individual heartbreak, but our shared grief is a poignant reminder that our collective future will hinge on our ability to recognize our common humanity and to act together.

That people are not vermin : One of the most important ways we can effectively enhance security and reduce violence is by seeking to improve the lives of the people all over the world who see that their governments are not serving their needs.

Corruption fuels inequality, siphons off a nation's resources, spread across borders, and generates human suffering, is nothing less than a national security threat in the 21st century. Around the world, we're increasingly seeing citizens demonstrate their discontent, seeing the wealthy well-connected, grow richer and richer, taking payoffs and bribes, operating above the law while the vast majority of the people struggle to find a job or put food on the table or to get their businesses off the ground or simply send their children to school.

People have taken to the streets in every region to demand that their governments address people's basic needs, give everyone a fair shot to succeed, and protect their God-given rights. And in that chorus of voices across languages and continents, we hear a common cry, a cry for dignity, simple dignity. ...”

Authoritarianism -- the authoritarianism of the world may seek to proclaim the end of the age of democracy, but they're wrong. The truth is the democratic world is everywhere. It lives in the anti-corruption activist, human rights defenders, the journalists, the peace protesters, on the front lines of the struggle in Belarus, Burma, Syria, Cuba, Venezuela, and everywhere in between.

It lives in the brave women of Sudan, who have stood violence and oppression to push a genocidal dictator from power and to keep working every day to defend their democratic progress. It lives in the proud Moldovans who helped deliver a landslide victory for the forces of democracy with a mandate to fight graft, to build a more inclusive economy.

It lives in the young people of Zambia who harness the power of their vote for the first time, turning out in record numbers to denounce corruption and chart a new path for their country. And while no democracy is perfect, including the United States, we'll continue to struggle to live up to the highest ideals, to heal our divisions, and we face down violence and insurrection.

Democracy remains the best tool we have to unleash our full human potential. My fellow leaders, this is a moment where we must prove ourselves the equals of those who come before us who, with vision and values and determined faith in our collective future, built our United Nations, broke the cycle of war and destruction, and laid the foundations for more than seven decades of relative peace and growing global prosperity.

Now, we must again come together to affirm the inherent humanity that unites us is much greater than any outward divisions or disagreements.”

Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin