Re: Congratulations to Professor Fuankem

Michael Afolayan

May 18, 2024, 11:34:34 AMMay 18
to dialogue, Toyin Falola, Chief Fonkem
Hearty congratulations to this nobleman who deserves the very best. His skills in critical theories, ability to conjugate sound intellection with culturally relevant pedagogies (to borrow Gloria Ladson-Billings lingo), and do so with ease, are the stuff that great scholars and classroom practitioners are made of. He is endowed with these par excellence! I am not one bit surprised that he was adorned with this well-deserved recognition. Your Excellency: May this wreath of honor bestow your brows!

As a mere digression: My wife and I were guests at the Kabiyesi's palace in Appleton, Wisconsin, exactly one week ago. It's no exaggeration when I say His Royal Majesty's house is a true palace that deserves the status of a museum of modern artifacts, a masterpiece of antiquities, deserving of recognition as a delta of diaspora presence. The First Lady (the friendly Dr. Patience Fonkem), the family, and their super-friendly staff, treated us to a dinner worthy of royalties, for which my wife and I truly appreciated (and still do). Their first son was the chauffeur who conveyed us in his car from Mequon to Appleton, and back. It may surprise you to know that that so-called "chauffeur" is a high-ranking physician, professor and current Chair of Neurology Department at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee. Needless to say, it was a privilege to interact with the Fonkems. It truly was!

Again, congratulations to our regal friend. Congratulations to the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, which knows how to put the right peg in the right hole!

Michael O. Afolayan
(From the Wolverine State)

On Saturday, May 18, 2024 at 03:10:43 AM EDT, Toyin Falola <toyin...@austin.utexas.edu> wrote:

The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh announced late yesterday that our King and professor is the recipient of the 2024

The John McNaughton Rosebush University Professorship award

Congratulations

Toyin Falola

May 18, 2024, 11:34:34 AMMay 18
to dialogue, Chief Fonkem, Michael Nigeria No Afolayan

Elias K. Bongmba

May 18, 2024, 4:14:16 PMMay 18
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

This is great news, Congratulations to HRM  Chief Fonkem.

Sincerely,

Elias

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin
Elias Kifon Bongmba PhD, DTheo (Lund)

Dele Layiwola

May 19, 2024, 2:11:39 AMMay 19
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations and More elbow grease to Professor Fuankem.
He visited the University of Ibadan two years ago at the instance of Professor Toyin Falola
and accepted our invitation to grace the high table with us.
He is a kind and proficient cultural ambassador.
Our gratitude to the University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh for the honour done to him.
DL

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Samson Ijaola

May 20, 2024, 5:25:50 AMMay 20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
That's a big one. Congratulations to HRM Professor Fuankem.

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

serges alain

May 20, 2024, 5:25:50 AMMay 20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com, Chief Fonkem, Michael Nigeria No Afolayan
Congratulations your Highness.

Regards

Serges

Adeshina Afolayan

May 20, 2024, 11:09:46 AMMay 20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com, Chief Fonkem, Michael Nigeria No Afolayan
This is a big win, your Highness. Congratulations sir!

gbemisoye tijani

May 24, 2024, 1:25:01 PMMay 24
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Good thing ! Congrats Sir Your highness  Gbemi Tijani MST
Paul Harris Fellow