A Crime Novel set in London, about some Nigerian characters and FGM....

Cornelius Hamelberg

Dec 2, 2022, 9:21:54 AM12/2/22
to USA Africa Dialogue Series

In Nigeria (and Africa generally)everybody is crying about corruption, there's a crying need for crime to be rewarded by punishment but, lamentably  there are not so many writers producing marketable material in  the crime and mystery/ detective genres. I bought William  Hague’s “William Wilberforce”  for myself and Elizabeth George’s “ Something to Hide” for my Better Half just a few days ago and  after reading a few pages, lo and behold, she tells me it’s about Nigeria, and I think ( privately) it must be about some 419ers...

Indeed,  it’s some of the usual exotica, but could be of sociological significance,  something about the dark practice of  female genital mutilation in 21st century  London and probably something to excite Nigerian fans since this features some Nigerians as main Characters.

 For you to consume: Elizabeth George: Something to Hide