Nigerian/African Languages and Natural Language Processing/Artificial Intelligence Researchers

Chika Okeke-Agulu

Dec 9, 2022, 1:42:46 PM12/9/22
to USA Africa Dialogue Series
Might anyone in this forum know any colleagues in Nigerian universities interested in or already working in the area of languages and machine learning/NLP/AI (in Departments of Linguistics, Nigerian Languages and Computer Science)? At Princeton, as part of Africa World Initiative (a newly-established center), we are keen to support work in this area--if we can find research partners in Nigeria. TETFUND and NUC in Nigeria will provide the necessary support from the Nigerian end. I'd appreciate any suggestions and names.

Kọ́lá Túbọ̀sún

Dec 15, 2022, 12:37:20 PM12/15/22
to USA Africa Dialogue Series
Hi Bros,
Thanks for this information. I sent you a mail about it yesterday.
I need some clarifications about whether the applicants need to be working in Nigerian universities, or can they be independent researchers (like myself) who work in Nigeria but not formally affiliated with any university. You can read more about my work here: https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-technology-science-business-health-24d3789e1a87b212d61e80f0fe2e89b1 and here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kola_Tubosun

Regards