Falling while throwing: travel?

school

Nov 15, 2010, 9:47:03 AM11/15/10
to UPA 11th edition rules
I couldn't find anything on this group about whether falling down
while throwing the disc is a travel. If this topic has already been
discussed, please point it out to me. If not, what do you think?

If one falls during the action of throwing, is it a travel? (i.e. onto
a knee, or onto your ass)
Assume the fall is NOT the result of contact with another player.
Assume the thrower does NOT move his pivot foot

-School

Jeff J Jones

Nov 15, 2010, 10:01:00 AM11/15/10
to upa_11th_ed...@googlegroups.com
That is the key. As long as you do not 'move your pivot' you can do whatever
you want. No travel.

Jeff

-School

Mark -Mortakai- Moran

Nov 16, 2010, 11:59:29 AM11/16/10
to UPA 11th edition rules
XVI.J. states, in part, "[...] The thrower must establish a pivot at
the appropriate spot on the field and keep all or part of the pivot in
contact with that spot until the throw is released.[...]"

So... as long as the thrower can keep the pivot in contact while
falling and doesn't move it until the throw is released, it's not
travel.

Yes, you can throw while falling... yes, you can put a knee down and
then pick it back up... yes, you can get back up again and you don't
have to throw from a prone position... [add other incorrect myths
here]...