Gold Rush Expeditions to Star Valley!

derrat

Sep 19, 2006, 10:31:48 PM9/19/06
to Utah Ghost Town and Mine Preservation Group
Please join Gold Rush Expeditions on Saturday, September 23rd for a
trip out and overnight camp in the Star Range Mining District. This is
located in Beaver County and is only 10 miles West of Milford, UT. We
will return Sunday the 24th.

The DOGM has planned on several mine closures of the area and we want
to take this opportunity to document some of the more prominent mines
to try and preserve them for public use. Located close by is the Frisco
mining area and if time permits, we would also like to check it out as
well. From this map, you can see that there are several mines in the
Star Valley area to keep us busy.

We should be leaving the Salt Lake Valley at 9:00 am on Saturday and
leaving Star Valley about 4:00 pm on Sunday with an expected return to
the Salt Lake Valley within 3 - 4 hours of departure.

Salt Lake departure point will be:

Mocha Express Coffee
7978 So. 1300 E.

Be sure to pack for overnight camping. However, if you're not up for
the camping, Milford is nearby with an Oak Tree Inn. Call to make your
own reservations at (435) 387-5266. Room rates are $69 - $74 per night.

Please email me at cschr...@goldrushexpeditions.com to let us know if
you're joining or for more details about the trip.