Tooele Transcript Bulletin On-line

June Balaich

Jan 10, 2006, 7:31:18 PM1/10/06
to Corey Shuman, Corey Shuman, Shawn Davies, TerryCarter

outfitter

Jan 12, 2006, 3:17:49 AM1/12/06
to Utah Ghost Town and Mine Preservation Group
Great work Corey!

The reporter did miss an important fact. The body of Etherington was in
fact removed a week or so after the official search was called off. As
I recall his uncle performed the recovery (thinking he was a fireman at
the time?)... I have a newspaper clipping of it somewhere around.

-Kurt

outfitter

Jan 12, 2006, 3:20:39 AM1/12/06
to Utah Ghost Town and Mine Preservation Group
Follow-up from a family member in regards to the Honorene mine
incident:
http://www2.tooeletranscript.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=9716&Itemid=46

outfitter

Jan 12, 2006, 3:22:53 AM1/12/06
to Utah Ghost Town and Mine Preservation Group
One last thing... the mine was the Honorine, as opposed to the
Honorene. Not a biggy but those searching for info, articles, maps, etc
may be thrown off by the mis-spelling (as I was)

-Kurt