back in Berkeley

Kenneth A. Ribet

Oct 7, 2006, 6:58:15 PM10/7/06
to UCBMath115
Hi All,

Aaron sent me descriptions of his lectures on Wednesday and Friday.
I'm grateful that he was able to take over the class and allow me to
attend my committee meetings in DC. I'll sort out where we are in
the course and then post new homework in the next 24 hours.

I have a question about my teaching in 2007-2008: are there any upper-
division courses that you're especially eager for me to teach? It's
time for us to fill out teaching-preference forms for the
department's schedule committee, and I'll try to make my preferences
consonant with your suggestions. One caveat: I have already received
some requests to teach a course in cryptography. Those requests have
been acknowledged, with thanks. However, it's not clear that I'll be
able to teach such a course next year.

Best,
Ken R