New Tucson Python Meetup Group

Chris Merle

Nov 24, 2015, 12:27:33 PM11/24/15
to Tucson Python Language Enthusiasts
There's a new Tucson Python Meetup Group. They are having a meeting tonight at CoLabs, 6pm.

Note: They are not affiliated with our group which has been inactive for well over a year. I'm glad to see others stepping up to organize a Python group in Tucson.

Chris

Julian

Nov 25, 2015, 1:30:22 PM11/25/15
to Tucson Python Language Enthusiasts
Hi Chris!

I enjoyed meeting you and Lucas last night. Thanks very much for coming along and supporting us.

I like the idea of continuing to use this Google group for communications if you don't mind. Meetup is fine for organizing upcoming meetings and polls, but I feel hesitant about being tied into Meetup for general group communication. We can cross-post any meeting announcements from Meetup to here and TuPLE's other social media outlets for people who aren't on Meetup.

There is also a longer history of communication here as well as an established base of knowledgeable users. Why mess with it? I'd rather use Meetup as a way to find new users and point them at this group for more in-depth discussion. What do you think?

I've made you a co-organizer of the Meetup, and if anybody else on here is interested in organizing meetings on there, please send me a message.

Frank from Ventana Medical Systems has volunteered to present on either scientific computing or Python GUIs in January.

If anybody on this group has something they'd like to hear or present on, please let us know.

Cheers
Julian