Attitude & Conduct of the Holy Prophet Muhammed (SAWW)

Hassan Tabatabai

Nov 30, 2010, 5:40:27 AM11/30/10

Attitude & Conduct of the Holy Prophet Muhammed (SAWW)

Direct Link: http://almujtaba.com/en/index.php/left-menu-articles/34-prophet-muhammed-p/366-attitude-a-conduct-of-the-holy-prophet-muhammed-saww

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

"It was by the mercy of Allah that you were gentle with them (O, Muhammed) for if you had been harsh and hard of heart they would of dispersed from around you. So pardon them and pray forgiveness for them and consult with them in the affair" (Quran 3:159).

This verse from the Holy Quran indicates that Prophet Muhammed's (SAWW) attitude was a factor in attracting people to Islam. Any leader who wants to summon people to God should also be gentle and lenient in his personal attitude.

The importance of this verse is that one should be lenient as an individual, but not in principles.

The Holy Prophet (SAWW) was very firm when it came to principles and showed no flexibility or softness. If some one insulted him, he would forgive them kindly, because that was something related to himself. But if anyone violated Islamic laws and rulings, the Holy Prophet would treat them with severity and justice.

Once someone stopped the Holy Prophet (SAWW) and claimed that the prophet owed him some money and that he would not let him go unless he received the amount immediately. The Holy Prophet said: "I don't owe anything, but even if I do, let me go home to get you your money". The man said that he would not let the Prophet take another step. Ignoring how gently the Prophet (SAWW) had

behaved, the man acted fiercely and rudely, to the point that he took the Holy Prophets gown off and wrapped it around his neck and pulled it, until it became bruised.

The Holy Prophet (SAWW) had been on his way to the Mosque and when people noticed that he was late, they went in search of him and found a Jew obstructing in the way. At that point the Muslims wanted to slap and punish this rude fellow, but the Holy Prophet (SAWW) said: "No, you people don't interfere, I know what to do with my friend". Observing this humble attitude and leniency, the Jew embraced Islam right there and said: "You are so powerful yet you are so lenient, and this is not possible for an ordinary man. I bear witness there is no God except Allah and that you Muhammed are the messenger of Allah."

Continue Reading the article by clicking on the link below:

http://almujtaba.com/en/index.php/left-menu-articles/34-prophet-muhammed-p/366-attitude-a-conduct-of-the-holy-prophet-muhammed-saww

You can read over 1200 Islamic articles organized

in over 50 different categories on

http://www.almujtaba.com

--
http://www.almujtaba.com