ABC Flood Group - No Meeting March 11th

Wayne Chouinard

Mar 10, 2014, 8:18:00 PM3/10/14
to tri-co...@googlegroups.com, Woodbury, Catherine, Owen O'Riordan, Santoro, Michael, Letourneau, Jennifer
Hi Everyone,

There is still no official authorization of the ABC Flood Group so there will be no meeting tomorrow evening.

However, progress is being made towards finalizing the Joint Powers Agreement between Arlington, Belmont & Cambridge, but it does not appear that it will be finalized in time for the next meeting scheduled for May 13, 2014.  In order to prepare for the first the official meeting I would like to ask whether people would be interested in meeting informally on May 13th to re-introduce ourselves to the issues and discuss agenda items we can to re-start the group with.

Please let me know if you are interested in attending an informal May meeting or if you have any ideas for preliminary agenda items.

Thank you,

Wayne
Wayne A. Chouinard, PE
Town Engineer
Arlington Public Works
51 Grove Street
Office: (781) 316-3320

Stephen Kaiser

Mar 10, 2014, 8:36:41 PM3/10/14
to tri-co...@googlegroups.com, Woodbury, Catherine, Owen O'Riordan, Santoro, Michael, Letourneau, Jennifer
Wayne,

I think we need to talk about the differences between the FEMA
flood mapping and the Army Corps mapping. If I recall, that was a
topic at our last meeting -- was it November or December 2012?

Steve Kaiser

========
> [mailto:wchou...@town.arlington.ma.us]

Officer Patrick Johnston

Mar 10, 2014, 8:55:13 PM3/10/14
to Stephen Kaiser, tri-co...@googlegroups.com, Woodbury, Catherine, Owen O'Riordan, Santoro, Michael, Letourneau, Jennifer

...and I would suggest including as a topic of discussion the DCR's practice of drawing down the river in advance of a predicted rain event up to 1.5 feet below mean thus allowing storm water erosion of the banks which reduces flood capacity of the river.

Sent from my Sprint phone.