[Andy HoboTraveler.Com Travel Blog Vol II] Road to Mojo, Ethiopia

Andy HoboTraveler.com

Mar 5, 2009, 1:58:14 AM3/5/09
to travel-blog-by-andy...@googlegroups.com
Road to Mojo, Ethiopia
The trip to Mojo, Ethiopia was uneventful for me, however I suspect for the first time African traveler it would be outlandish. I left the Wanza Hotel in Addis, Ababa and took a 30 Burr Taxi to the “Le Gare” or Mojo Bus stop, whereby I took a 12 Burr mid-range bus to Mojo, Ethiopia. The road was full of construction leaving the city and a two-lane asphalt highway after we cleared the construction.

The road follows along the path of a train track; however, I never saw any trains on the railroad.

---------------------------------
Mojo, Ethiopia
One to Two Hours South of Addis, Ababa
East Africa
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Travel Blog
---------------------------------

Inside the mid-range size bus, they did not! over-crowd this bus; however, they made me sit in front excessively close to the loud music being played.

My first impression of this 40 Mile stretch of Ethiopia was of Trucks, and more Trucks, and a few more Trucks. It was like driving into an industrial park, and then along the road I sometime smelled wet or fresh concrete because there on the whole stretch is was rare to not be able to look over and see large building being built.

I believe South of Addis Ababa all the way to Mojo is more or less becoming a huge industrial area with many type of business ventures.

The obvious ones already in operation were:

Leather Tanneries
Knitting
Marble
Large Green Houses
A few Chinese Signs on Building
Textiles

Strangely, at about 11:00 am in the morning on a Wednesday I did not see anyone working on the new construction. It become very hot and gravel feeling as you leave Addis Ababa, not many crops gro! wing, however a lot of Cattle, Goats, Horses and Donkeys.

I asked for Chicken last night in the Rutti Kaffee and they told me there was no Chicken, I have not seen a Chicken as best I can remember.

Economics

Road to Mojo, Ethiopia

--
Posted By Andy HoboTraveler.com to Andy HoboTraveler.Com Travel Blog Vol II at 3/05/2009 02:53:00 PM