Do you like to fix things? Sebastopol Repair Cafe' Oct 6th Inviting volunteers!

1 view

Jul B

Aug 24, 2018, 7:40:28 PM8/24/18
to Transition Sebastopol General Announcement List
Before printing our invitation flyer, we’re making a big call for volunteers for the free Repair Café event on Saturday October 6, in Sebastopol, from noon to 4. Community members will bring items for repair by other community member volunteers. Our objectives are to reduce waste, maintain repair skills and strengthen social cohesion.
We have a number of volunteer repairers signed up already and we want to do one more call for REPAIRERS before we print our final invitation flyers.

Though we can still add volunteers after we go to print, we'd like every opportunity to LIST the general repair areas on the outreach flyer to encourage people to join us and get 'that thing' fixed. We currently have some sewers, musical instrument repair, jewelry repair, computer / phone repair, mechanical items, shoe and leather repair and some general fix-it people. We’d welcome more in any of those categories.

 💥It would be great to have some folks interested in fixing small appliances (VCRs, printers, coffee makers, toasters, etc.) and possibly some who do tool / knife sharpening.

💥It would also be great to have some people who could fix bikes. Our event happens to be on the same day as the Gran Fondo 🚲, so if you have this skill and are available, it would be great to have you! Please spread the word on that. If we don't get any sign-ups for bikes before we go to print, we don't want put it on the flyer.

 💥 Of course if there is something else you can fix, by all means let us know! The more variety, the better!

More information & contact information: https://www.sef-pc.com/repair-cafe.html

Thanks for reading this and please consider sharing it with people you know who have repair skills.

Debbie Ramirez
Co-coordinator of the Sebastopol Community Repair Café
Sebastopol Educational Foundation