Upcoming Online Event: Building Bridges for Climate Justice

jul

Apr 18, 2020, 7:27:28 PM4/18/20
to transition_seba...@googlegroups.com

This upcoming event is the next topic in our ongoing series called
Building Bridges: Creating Healthy Collaborations for Climate Justice

Unpacking Privilege... in a Time of Crisis
Sunday April 19th 3-5pm Pacific Time on Zoom
with Bayo Akolomafe, Ayako Nagano
hosted by Jul Bystrova
co-hosted by the Transition US Social Justice Working Group and the Inner Resilience Network

Privilege often allows those who enjoy it to choose whether or not to understand the real and deep connection between climate change, environmental and economic destruction and social justice. In this talk, we will shine a light on the nature of privilege and some of the obvious and not so obvious ways it shows up in our lives. We will especially look at how it shows up in times of disaster or crisis.
This is a very important subject in the journey of our collective healing.

Space limited! Register Here:

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."

- Pericles