Dead?

Ryan Truran

Dec 22, 2017, 7:07:50 PM12/22/17
to TracksApp
All, this project seems dead whats going on?

Matt Rogers

Dec 23, 2017, 11:49:34 AM12/23/17
to trac...@googlegroups.com
It's not dead. Just very inactive. I've fallen pretty far off the GTD wagon and just haven't been maintaining the project as well as I should be.

We'd be happy to have any help we could get. :-)
--
Matt

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 6:07 PM Ryan Truran <ryant...@gmail.com> wrote:
All, this project seems dead whats going on?

Mike Morris

Jun 26, 2018, 6:42:16 PM6/26/18
to trac...@googlegroups.com
I'm very grateful for the Tracks app, and used it for a year or so. I am in awe of people who invest that much time and effort in a project and generously share it with the world -- thank you.

But that not withstanding, it's just not very realistic to claim that it's not "dead". I am *glad* that the principles still have the best of intentions and may return to it, but the truth is that after 3 years intentions don't carry much weight. (Just ask my wife :-) Please note that I am a sincere fan, but I consider it dead. Please don't hesitate to prove me wrong!!!!

(You could argue that its just a matter of semantics except that people may base decisions on whether or not the project is dead; I feel like it is being misrepresented, although with the very best of intentions.) Unless maybe I'm ignorant of activity invisible on getontracks.org ????

On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 8:49 AM, Matt Rogers <code...@gmail.com> wrote:
It's not dead. Just very inactive. I've fallen pretty far off the GTD wagon and just haven't been maintaining the project as well as I should be.

We'd be happy to have any help we could get. :-)
--
Matt
On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 6:07 PM Ryan Truran <ryant...@gmail.com> wrote:
All, this project seems dead whats going on?

Matt Rogers

Jun 27, 2018, 9:59:17 AM6/27/18
to TracksApp
There hasn't been anything to report on getontracks.org for awhile because we haven't done anything major with the site. There haven't been releases or anything like that. The activity on GitHub for the application repository - https://github.com/TracksApp/tracks - is perhaps the best indicator of what's going on.

I'm still actively working to get the project back to a state where it's less dead. As mentioned in this comment on GitHub - https://github.com/TracksApp/tracks/issues/2105#issuecomment-388986525 - I've given myself a deadline of August 1st to get things back to a reasonable state where people can contribute and the app is on supported versions of things, etc. If it doesn't happen, then we'll indeed for real mark it dead.

Thanks!
--
Matt

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 5:42 PM Mike Morris <mcmorr...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Matt Rogers

Jul 10, 2018, 9:49:34 PM7/10/18
to TracksApp
There is now a project board up at https://github.com/TracksApp/tracks/projects/1 with a start of some of the things that need to be done, if people want to donate some time and tackle some code.

Thanks!
--
Matt

sean

Jul 11, 2018, 10:30:18 AM7/11/18
to tracksapp
Is there a container/vm for 2.3.0 ? I've never got the stack working

Matt Rogers

Jul 11, 2018, 10:37:52 AM7/11/18
to TracksApp
The development environment in the master branch on GitHub has been updated to use docker and docker-compose. There's nothing dockerized for the 2.3.0 release.

Eric Moon

Jul 16, 2018, 2:11:58 PM7/16/18
to TracksApp
There is an older 2.3 dockerized version on docker hub.. i just tried it and it seems to work, but i haven't done anything beyond load it up :  https://hub.docker.com/r/staannoe/tracks

Eric Moon

Jul 16, 2018, 2:13:39 PM7/16/18
to TracksApp
Does the docker-compose on github work currently?  I just did a quick test to see if it would work for me, and it seemed to fail.  I haven't had time to look into it at all, but wanted to see if anyone else got it running...

sean

Jul 30, 2018, 3:54:53 PM7/30/18
to tracksapp
That's wonderful. I'd say dockerized git hub repositories are the future but they're already here! :) Cheers for this , I've been using this software for 10 years and its kept me sane, but building the stack drove me insane. I go forward with immense trust.