Application for Sailfish OS

jyri-petter...@iki.fi

May 2, 2019, 8:53:56 AM5/2/19
to TracksApp
Hi,

I recently decided I need an application for adding actions to Tracks, because the web UI didn't work too well at least in the Sailfish browser. The application now got accepted and can be found in Jolla store. Are there other applications for using Tracks? Perhaps it'd be useful to list them on the web page?

The source code is available in Github: https://github.com/ZeiP/harbour-tracks/

Let me know if you have ideas for making the application better, I hope it's useful for others also. Thanks for the Tracks application, it's doing exactly what I needed to improve my time management!

P.S. I tried to use the token available in the user profile instead of the user password for accessing the API, but it didn't work. Should the token work for accessing the REST API or is it just for using feeds?

Matt Rogers

May 2, 2019, 9:27:41 AM5/2/19
to TracksApp
(Replies inline)

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 7:53 AM <jyri-petter...@iki.fi> wrote:
Hi,

I recently decided I need an application for adding actions to Tracks, because the web UI didn't work too well at least in the Sailfish browser. The application now got accepted and can be found in Jolla store. Are there other applications for using Tracks? Perhaps it'd be useful to list them on the web page?

This looks pretty cool and I learned about Sailfish OS today. 🎉 I'm not aware of any other applications for using Tracks as of yet. It's possible that they exist and I could just not be aware of them.

The source code is available in Github: https://github.com/ZeiP/harbour-tracks/

Let me know if you have ideas for making the application better, I hope it's useful for others also. Thanks for the Tracks application, it's doing exactly what I needed to improve my time management!

Thank you for the compliments! I'm working on the next release (though it's slow going) and I'd appreciate your input on any of the open issues in the GitHub repo that would be the most useful for you going forward.

P.S. I tried to use the token available in the user profile instead of the user password for accessing the API, but it didn't work. Should the token work for accessing the REST API or is it just for using feeds?

Honestly, this sounds like a bug, but since I haven't made much use of the API yet, I could be mistaken. I opened https://github.com/TracksApp/tracks/issues/2203 to keep track of this. Any input you could provide there would be most useful.

Thanks!
--
Matt