Project Update - November 2018

Matt Rogers

Nov 30, 2018, 11:29:14 PM11/30/18
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Hi y'all,

I wanted to provide a bit of an update on how the project is going since there's been a lot of activity lately. Depending on the activity on the project, my goal is to provide these on a monthly or every other month basis.

Here's a list of major things that have happened since the summer:
 - Removed the cucumber test suite
 - Got CI up and working again
 - Upgraded the application to Rails 5.2.1
 - Made progress on getting all the dependencies up to date

Upcoming plans:
 - Get the website publishable again, and update the screenshots since they're still non-retina
 - Finish updating all the dependencies in the project.
 - Cull the open issues list (older issues will likely be closed)

As always, contributions are incredibly welcome. They do not have to be code. If you have an idea for a feature, please feel free to open an issue on GitHub. If you find a bug, please feel free to open an issue on GitHub. Code and documentation updates are always welcome as well.

Thanks!
--
Matt

Matt Rogers

Nov 30, 2018, 11:34:06 PM11/30/18
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Oh, before I forget!

I want to give a huge shoutout to Dan Rice for doing 90% of the work to get us to Rails 5 and for his work on the project in general. I would not have been able to get the upgrades done in the amount of time that I did if he hadn't have done the heavy lifting of the Rails 5.0 upgrade in the first place.

Thanks!
--
Matt

Carsten Otto

Dec 1, 2018, 7:13:53 AM12/1/18
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot!

Matteo Giaccone

Dec 11, 2018, 10:02:01 AM12/11/18
to TracksApp
I'm late to the party, but yes, thank you!

It's great to see you motivated again and the great progress too :)

rharmonson

Dec 11, 2018, 9:03:22 PM12/11/18
to TracksApp
Matt,

Good to see your return and will reinstall as you progress through updates.

Thank you!