Ability to have repeated project names

Taher Alkhateeb

Jun 16, 2020, 5:43:10 PM6/16/20
to TracksApp
One feature that I really would like to have is the ability to repeat project names without the system complaining that "Name already exists". Is this possible with any alterations to the settings or configuration files?

Matt Rogers

Jun 16, 2020, 5:56:11 PM6/16/20
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Its not possible without changing the code. Project names must be unique. If you want to reuse project names, I'm afraid you're out of luck at the moment.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 4:43 PM Taher Alkhateeb <slidingf...@gmail.com> wrote:
One feature that I really would like to have is the ability to repeat project names without the system complaining that "Name already exists". Is this possible with any alterations to the settings or configuration files?

Jyri-Petteri Paloposki

Jul 25, 2020, 1:10:19 PM7/25/20
to trac...@googlegroups.com
On 17.6.2020 0.55, Matt Rogers wrote:
> Its not possible without changing the code. Project names must be
> unique. If you want to reuse project names, I'm afraid you're out of
> luck at the moment.

Yep. If this is something you have a good use case for, it can probably
be done – in that case it's best if you open an issue explaining why
this should be possible in the issue queue:
https://github.com/TracksApp/tracks/issues

At first thought I think it's better not to allow repeated project
names, because if there are more than one project with the same name it
might be difficult to select the correct one, but I could be wrong
regarding some use case.

Best regards,
--
Jyri-Petteri Paloposki