Social Media Intern or Directed Study - Remote

Reiss, David

Apr 8, 2024, 11:11:10 AMApr 8
to TowsonEMF Google Group

Job Title: Social Media Intern - Private Coaching Practice and Wellness Business

Supervisor: Michelle Pearce, PhD (michell...@umaryland.edu)

Location: Remote

Duration: 15 weeks

Hours: 150 hours in the semester (approximately 10 hours per week)

Compensation: Volunteer

About Us: Our private coaching practice and wellness business are dedicated to empowering individuals to achieve their health and wellness goals through personalized coaching (individual and group), psychotherapy, educational resources, and online courses. We believe in a holistic approach to well-being, encompassing physical, mental, and emotional health. As we continue to grow and expand our offerings, we are seeking a motivated and creative Social Media Intern to join our team and support our social media presence and content creation efforts. Business Website: www.DrMichellePearce.com

Responsibilities:

· Develop and execute a comprehensive social media strategy to increase brand awareness, engagement, and lead generation.

· Create engaging and relevant content for various social media platforms including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.

· Collaborate with the coaching team to brainstorm and create educational lead magnets, videos, blog posts, and other content to attract and nurture leads.

· Assist in the development and launch of an online course on Thinkific, including creating course content, designing course materials, and promoting the course through social media channels.

· Monitor social media channels, respond to comments, and engage with followers to build a strong sense of community and connection.

· Increase followers on IG, FB, and LinkedIn using a strategic approach that highlights value provided and engagement

· Utilize analytics tools to track and measure the performance of social media campaigns and adjust strategies as needed to optimize results.

· Stay informed about industry trends and best practices in social media marketing, online course creation, and content creation, and incorporate innovative ideas into our strategy.

· Explore and implement creative ways to grow our social media following and increase engagement with our target audience.

· Support the coaching team in other marketing and communication-related tasks as needed.

· Report to business owner, Dr. Michelle Pearce, and meet weekly to discuss efforts and progress.

Qualifications:

· Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a degree program in marketing, communications, public relations, or a related field.

· Strong written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.

· Passion for health and wellness with a basic understanding of coaching principles and holistic practices preferred.

· Experience managing social media accounts for personal or professional purposes.

· Familiarity with social media management tools, content creation software, and online course platforms (e.g., Thinkific).

· Creative thinker with the ability to generate engaging content ideas and storytelling concepts.

· Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.

· Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines.

· Positive attitude, willingness to learn, and openness to feedback and constructive criticism.

Additional Information:

· The aim is to provide the intern with a well-rounded experience in social media marketing, content creation, and online course development within the health and wellness industry.

· Flexible remote work schedule.

· Mentorship and guidance from experienced professional in coaching and wellness.

· Opportunity for personal and professional growth and development.

Join us in making a positive impact on individuals' health and well-being and helping them live their best lives. Apply today to become our Social Media Intern and contribute to our mission of empowering others to thrive!