Church LIVE A/V internship

Reiss, David

Dec 8, 2021, 5:05:27 PM12/8/21
to TowsonEMF Google Group

Calvary Baptist Church in Towson (on the corner of Pennsylvania Ave and Baltimore Ave) since the pandemic back in March of 2020  has been live-streaming our services. Although that production was first shot and put together in post, we now produce a very small live production with the use of a production vehicle called liveWedge (similar to a Blackmagic). It’s 3 cameras (a robotic and two GoPro’s) an audio board which is displayed on an ipad, and our graphics which were built in power point. Although small I believe we put together a clean and well-produced broadcast of our church service. The set-up is meant to be a two-man production with one person switching cameras and laying in fonts while the other calls up graphics and changes audio delegation to the proper mics. The best thing about this production is that basically the run of show for each service is usually the same. Once a person gets the service down it doesn’t vary too much.

We are interested in having a broadcast major (or two or three 😊) be a part of our production and in doing so maybe setting up a scenario where they receive some type of college credit. It would only be once a week (Sunday mornings) and I would be happy to train them. We wouldn’t ask them to jump in until they were totally comfortable (although I am sure they would be able to handle after reviewing one service). The commitment is only two-hours. We get there at 10:00 am, service starts at 11:00 am sharp and it’s usually over by quarter of. There is limited strike afterwards (turning off GoPros and turning out lights). Contact info below:

Don

monumental-signature

W. Don DiRaddo
Vice President of Production
Monumental Sports & Entertainment
601 F Street, NW | 4th Floor | Washington, DC 20004
T: 202.292.1913| C: 410.215.1192

ddir...@monumentalsports.com
Follow the Monumental Sports Network on
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
monumental-bar

Towson University logo

John R. Turner, Ph.D.

Professor  |  Electronic Media & Film

P: 410-704-3604   |  F: 410-704-3337
jtu...@towson.edu
  |  www.towson.edu/emf

Wordpress

Confidentiality Notice: This message may contain information that is confidential, privileged, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are not authorized to read, print, copy or disseminate this message, any part of it, or any attachments. If this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission, or by calling Electronic Media & Film at 410-704-3604.