Set Etiquette Event 10/7

Reiss, David

Oct 3, 2019, 10:38:34 AM10/3/19
to TowsonEMF Google Group

This Monday, October 7th from 12:30-2:00pm in MC 008 (Production Labs) we are hosting a "set-etiquette" event with pizza and conversation and we would love to see your students there!

The goal is to make sure our students head off in their crews and on their sets full of confidence and knowledge. This chat on best practices will include set safety, how to navigate crew dynamics/roles, Title IX, who to report to in EMF and at TU and beyond.

We will have IATSE 487 Education & Safety Committee Chair Steve Saada with us to help lead the conversation of what to expect and how to thrive on set. He has worked as a Boom Operator on titles such as the Emmy award winning sound department of House of Cards as well as Veep, Jack Ryan and other feature narrative work.

Please promote this with your production students and any student you believe will find value in this educational opportunity. Feel free to reach out to myself or Travis Holden with any questions. If you find I have left off a faculty member or adjunct, please forward this along.

Thank you!
Jena

Towson University logo

Jena Burchick

Visiting Instructor |  Electronic Media and Film

C: 443-682-4419

Office: Stephens Annex 123

Pronouns: She/Her

** Please send all emails to my new address JBur...@towson.edu**