Digital Media Internship

Reiss, David

Jan 3, 2020, 5:38:08 PM1/3/20
to TowsonEMF Google Group
About The Internship Senator Clarence Lam seeks a Communications and New Media Intern to assist his office with its legislative, constituent outreach, and community advocacy activities. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is familiar with all forms of media and social broadcast services and is comfortable working with digital media files, navigating and uploading them to content sharing and social media sites, and video production.

The ideal candidate has good research skills, is adept at using multiple social and traditional media platforms, and can create social media infographics and charts using the Adobe Creative Suite of design products or similar programs. In addition, the candidate should be a good writer, and have some experience working on a website’s back end content management system (CMS) -- Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Wordpress, etc. Successful applicants are people-oriented and excel in roles that call for imagination, rigor, attention to detail and creativity. Direct responsibilities of the intern include the composition and scheduling of daily postings, general maintenance and upkeep of the Senator’s online presence.

The intern will also perform social media outreach, manage and update the Senator’s social bookmarking and networking site accounts and profiles (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and on our website. Intern will also assist in drafting and designing a weekly newsletter to be sent to constituents. Depending on experience with web-based systems and graphic design applications and coding knowledge and interest, the intern will have the opportunity to work with our design team on the rebuilding and rebranding of our website and other social media design activities. Applicant should have experience with video production and editing, or willingness to learn need skills. Intern will be responsible for recording videos to be posted on the Senator’s website and social media platforms. Experience with adobe premiere or other similar software preferred. Requirements We are seeking an intern to work from January to April. Number of hours per week is flexible, with a minimum of 8-16 hours per week preferred. Internship will be located primarily in Annapolis. Intern must have transportation to Annapolis; parking will be provided to the intern.

Application Process: Please send cover letter and resume (which includes the name of your institution and expected date of graduation) to Claren...@senate.state.md.us. Please put “Communications Internship” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. About Senator Lam For the last 4 years, Senator Lam has been working to build an open and accountable legislative and community advocacy agenda that protects people and advances our state and local priorities. He believes strongly that an active and informed citizenry is one of the ways we create a just and democratic society in which every individual can thrive. Toward that end, Senator Lam wants to ensure that his constituents in the 12th District and across the state of Maryland understand the vital role of government; we produce and disseminate educational tools and communications materials that are resources for policymakers, the media, advocacy groups, community organizations, and the public, as well as materials to demarcate and explain Senator Lam’s legislative priorities.
Communications-Digital Media Internship.pdf