Re "It might be useful"

Argey

Oct 16, 2012, 1:08:02 AM10/16/12
to topic...@googlegroups.com
There was a post by The Flaming Brain which had the above Subject line, an attachment 2.pdf and no other content.

I downloaded the PDF and didn't open it but sent it to VirusTotal for checking.  The result was that 4 A-V engines out of 43 found a suspicious script:
DrWeb SCRIPT.Virus 20121016
McAfee-GW-Edition Heuristic.BehavesLike.PDF.Exploit-CRT.I 20121016
Sophos Troj/PDFJs-ABA 20121016
TrendMicro HEUR_PDFEXP.G 20121016

These may be false positives, but if you have downloaded and opened that file, I suggest you run an antivirus check on your machine.

I deleted the post and put The Flaming Brain on moderation for now (and apologize if VirusTotal got this wrong).  It's best to be safe.

Argey

C. Bran

Oct 16, 2012, 9:29:53 AM10/16/12
to topic...@googlegroups.com
Virustotal may have got it right a spammer brute forced my mail account and spammed my contact list with PDF's, it just happened yesterday.  My apologies to everyone I've changed the password since to something totally different.