Fujitsu ScanSnap and Topicscape

Sean West

May 28, 2010, 9:32:22 PM5/28/10
to Topicscape
I just wanted to let you know that I had been hearing great things
about the Fujitsu ScanSnap document scanner so I purchased one this
week to eliminate as much paper from my life as I can. The down side
is that while it comes with some great software, the document
management tools that are included just don't have the depth of
features that Topicscape has. Not to mention that more robust,
commercial document management systems cost in the hundreds and
thousands of dollars, making Topicscape a bargain for its features, in
my mind.

To see if I could integrate the ScanSnap scanner with Topicscape I
created a "Scan to Topicscape Box" profile in the scanner's management
software simply using TopicscapeBox.winxp.exe as the target. I then
loaded a document into the scanner, hit the scan button... and it
worked like a charm! The document was scanned to a PDF and added to
the Topicscape Box just as if I had dropped it on the icon, all ready
for me to file it in the right place.

The ScanSnap info site is
http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/computing/peripherals/scanners/scansnap/scansnap-s1500.html
if anyone is interested. I can't speak highly enough of it and how
easy it was to integrate with Topicscape.

Argey

May 29, 2010, 2:41:05 AM5/29/10
to Topicscape
Thanks for sharing this experience with other Topicscape users, Sean.

It's very encouraging to hear how well Topicscape can be integrated
with other products.

Argey