Thimbles

RobMac

Sep 15, 2008, 2:59:22 PM9/15/08
to Minstrel Banjo
Does anyone make reproductions of 19th-Century thimbles? All I can
find are these:
http://www.angiesbanjo.com/perfect-picks/Perfect-Touch-Clawhammer-Pick.htm

Rob MacKillop

trapdoor2

Sep 15, 2008, 3:17:00 PM9/15/08
to Minstrel Banjo
Rob,

I currently use the "Acri" pick as shown on John Balch's website:
http://www.johnbalchmusic.com/picks.html

On Sep 15, 1:59 pm, RobMac <luteplay...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone make reproductions of 19th-Century thimbles? All I can
> find are these:http://www.angiesbanjo.com/perfect-picks/Perfect-Touch-Clawhammer-Pic...
>
> Rob MacKillop

trapdoor2

Sep 15, 2008, 3:22:55 PM9/15/08
to Minstrel Banjo
Crap.

Y'know, sometimes I really dislike this stupid message system...

The Acri picks are quite heavy brass. Following John's website, I
quickly made a very nice thimble. Lost it a few weeks ago and had to
make another.

I believe several others have purchased "Converse" style thimbles from
George Wunderlich...but only George can tell you if he still offers
such a thing. If you have a pair of tinsnips, some hardware-store
sheet brass and a copy of Converse's "Green" book (may be had from
Elderly Instruments), you can make your own.

===Marc